The Do’s & Don’ts On Car Wraps
Car wraps are a big step since the car wrap serves as a visual cue for customers to learn more about a company. There should be a discussion about what to include on vehicle wraps before they are produced and placed on a vehicle.
- DO use designs for vinyl car wraps inspired by the logo of the company. The logo should be the focus so customers will not have any confusion about the company that is being advertised.
- DON’T have too much information on car wraps because drivers only have a certain amount of time to process the information on vehicle wraps. Too much information means the marketing message can be lost on the consumer.
- DO make sure the marketing message has a clear objective and includes visual elements that accomplish the objective and inspires customers to follow the call to action.
- DON’T use low-quality photos on car wraps. Blurry and boring photos are not as effective an advertising tool as high quality, dynamic photos.
Do’s On Vehicle Wraps
When designing vehicle wraps, keep the following tips in mind:
- DO include your contact information. Vinyl car wraps can have the most eye-catching design but it won’t do you any good if customers don’t know how to contact your company.
- DO use a unique phone number or web address to keep track of the ROI from your car wraps.
- DO take note of how your message reads when the doors of the vehicle are open. A well-thought out wrap design prepares for how your branding message reads when the doors are open or closed.
- DO use color wisely to stand out in traffic. In addition, a well-balanced color design can make a vehicle wrap more pleasing to the eye and give a professional touch to the overall design.
Don’ts On Vinyl Car Wraps
DON’T include these “design don’ts” with your vinyl car wraps:
- DON’T use a font that is flowery or hard to read. Select a font that is easy to read from a distance.
- DON’T just market your business on the sides of the vehicle. A company vehicle is viewed from the front, back and sides. Include contact information on all sides of the vehicle. Make sure the design matches the vehicle because car wraps are not a “one size fits all” marketing technique. DON’T cover the side mirrors or door handles because this results in “breaks” in your marketing message.
- DON’T confuse customers with design elements that are not consistent with your business. DON’T use bright colors or cartoon graphics if your business has obvious services, such as plumbing, that simply needs a logo, phone number, and website address to deliver its message.
Need help determining the do’s and don’ts of your car wrap design? Contact our experienced team today about designs for car wraps.
Call Us for More Information at 314-432-2700